Getting Bigger

Getting Bigger

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Update #2

Carl and I got to hang out with Autumn for a while today . She always seems happy when I hold her, and I know it makes me happy. I do what is called skin to skin, every day. I hold Autumn on my chest. I was also able to do this with Carly..The benefit is that she is supposed to gain weight faster, maintain her body tempature, regulate her heart and breathing rate, and spend more time being quiet and alert and less time crying,

She was taken off of c pap on Friday, which means she is breathing room air. This is a big step, and she seems to be adjusting well. Autumn had a little tummy trouble..after several x rays and tests, it was determined to be gas..The concern was that is could have possibly been a bacterial infection called NEC, which could be very serious.

Autumn lost some weight, but all babies lose weight after they are born. We are hoping she starts packing on the pounds soon..She is a little peanut..

No comments:

Post a Comment